.NET Core Software Development Services
.NET technology has significantly dominated the IT market and is widely used in software products. Microsoft has been developing (and will be continuing the development of) the .NET Framework for years, but the giant has decided to introduce to the market a new solution. Software developers from around the world quickly loved .NET Core, and they recommend it for software development projects.
In 2016, Microsoft released the .NET Core - an open-source and cross-platform framework that enables the use of C#, and F# programming languages to write applications and libraries. .NET Core characterized by good performance, scalability and is compatible with the .NET Framework. Additionally, the platform is supported by the GitHub community. The Microsoft company makes sure .NET Core is secure, has many improvements, and is updated regularly, several times a year.
Where to use .NET Core
.NET Core will work in software development projects, cloud-based applications, IoT applications, back-ends of the mobile apps, cross-platform libraries, websites and Web APIs microservices, web/servers’ applications, new tools, platforms and many more. It is an intuitive solution in which writing and running the first application can take up to several minutes.
What .NET Core can do
With each further version of the framework, a significant improvement is made. Microsoft implemented the support for Windows desktop applications through the .NET Core 3.0 SDK Windows Desktop. Another improvement is support for C# 8.0. The new feature enables web applications development using ASP.NET Blazor, a free and open-source web framework. Other improvements include SignalR, a software library for Microsoft ASP.NET, and Azure SignalR Service, which enable you to build web applications and to manage them in real-time. The latest version of the framework appeared in February 2020 and it is .NET Core 3.1.
Why is .NET Core recommended
- Web and service applications can run across platforms thanks to cross-platform function.
- You can run .NET Core on different operating systems, such as Windows, macOS, and Linux. For comparison, .NET works only on Windows and Windows Server.
- It has command-line tools, a cross-platform toolchain for developers for building and testing .NET applications, IDEs, editors, and more.
- The platform is compatible with two professional platforms for the creation of cross-platform applications – Xamarin and Mono.
- You can use both .NET Core and Docker Images when you are building .NET Core applications.
- The creation and package of Docker images are very easy.
- The code runs with the same behaviour across multiple architectures.
- .NET Core is great for microservice architecture because of its good performance and scalability.
- The framework allows developers to use different technologies in every microservice.
- Applications run flawlessly because the .NET Core runtime provides several helpful tools and possibilities such as type system, or garbage collector.
- .NET Core has the trimming tool that can reduce the size of apps and make them as small as possible throughout removing unused libraries.
.NET Core business value
The platform is undeniably useful for software developers, and they recommend it for many types of projects. However, let see how .NET Core improves business.
.NET Core speed up some processes – first, the time of deploying applications can be shortened; second, the performance of the apps is improved. Both aspects have a positive impact on the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of developed applications. Time is money in business. And thanks to the .NET Core software development – you can save a lot of time and money.
How to generate savings on software development? Consider working with the .NET Core technology:
The lower cost of having a software team
You can choose between two options: building the team of .NET Core software developers on your own, or you can focus on business development and outsource software projects to an IT software provider. Where is outsourcing the cheapest and still high-quality? In Poland – read about that here.
The lower cost of cloud
If you would like to pay less for cloud services, while developing microservice architecture, choose .NET Core technology. Because .NET Core is cross-platform and scalable, it doesn’t matter how many microservices you will build. You will need fewer virtual machines and servers.
The lower risk of versions collisions
The risk is almost eliminated. With .NET Core, you can safely install different versions of the platform on the same machine (use for that side-by-side installation). Other benefits? Your Quality Assurance team will have less code to test, and the software development team will have fewer bugs to fix. And you will pay less for the maintenance of the application.
Optimize your costs, cut the time, get the reliable and experienced .NET Core team. We can not only develop a .NET Core application but also consult on your vision and the current state of the project. We offer software development services mostly in Canada, the US, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, and Ireland, but we are not limited to these areas. Let’s talk about your .NET Core project!
Estimate project – tell us about it