Go software development services
Go is a programming language designed for Google by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson and open source in March 2012. Go technology is also known as Golang which is its common name. More so, Go is often called “a new C++” due to quick compilation and simpler deployment, easier syntax and Garbage Collector effectiveness make the difference.
What is the Go programming language
Working with Go feels light and dynamic. The platform has a minimalistic yet complete interface. Thanks to this programming language, you can build safe, and fast applications. Go software developers recommend this language to build simple and adjustable modular programs. However, Go is also an excellent choice for writing server-side applications because it can handle multiple requests concurrently without losing high performance. Go was developed with cloud computing in mind, so it's perfect for this kind of solutions. It was also developed with current hardware architectures, meaning that server farms are not the only ones with benefits.
What Go 1.14 can do
It is very important that the Go programming language is still regularly updated. The latest version of the Go was released on 25 February 2020 as the Go 1.14. Every version is released with significant changes. In the 1.14 version, the changes include improvement of efficiency with:
- The module support for production use
- Embedding interfaces
- Defer performance
- Goroutines tool
- Page allocator
- Internal timers
Why choose the Go language
You should choose the Go programming language because of its regular updates, modern feel, simplicity, agility, and high performance. Your software project will benefit from Go because of its:
Go has built-in features designed to handle several web requests, and allows for running multiple tasks at the same time. It makes Go very efficient. For example, large enterprise platforms will handle multiple users with ease at the same time.
While your business develops, your Go platform can be scalable and further developed. Start as a startup and become an enterprise with the same technology stack without technological debt.
Thanks to the built-in error interface Go encourages rigorous error handling, which is time and money-saving from a software development perspective.
Garbage collection improves the velocity of Go teams and doesn’t sacrifice too much performance. This solution is also used in Memory Management in .NET
Go, as well as .NET Core is cross-platform. It works on different operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Unix. Go has plenty of built-in language features that enable easy cross-platform development. Among them, there is a cross-platform UI library called GXUI, a portable standard library that looks and acts the same as Java, a compiler/toolchain for each supported platform that offers binaries.
Go has everything to make the software developers work as little complicated as possible. Here is a list of few Go tools/command that support Go programmers during the software development process:
- go test, dedicated for unit testing to test the source code, and app's performance
- go fmt, automatically formats the Go source code
- go vet, a tool that detects errors in source code and reports them
- go doc, because Go is developed by Go community it has a special tool to extracts and generates documentation as a web page. The documentation is available on Bitbucket, GitHub, Google Project Hosting and Launchpad
- go generate, is an easy to use command that scans the source code for special comments that can be run. You can use it before you will use go build
What is written in the Go language?
You are wondering what kind of popular applications/platforms are written in Go? This is our choice:
- Docker - a set of the Platform as a Service (PaaS) products that use operating system virtualization to deliver software code in special containers Kubernetes -n open-source container orchestration system. It is compatible with Docker.
- Kubernetes containers allow for automating application deployment, its scaling, and management. Visit our blog to find out more.
- Ethereum - an open-source blockchain cryptocurrency and decentralized computing platform. Etherum generates the Ether, a popular cryptocurrency
Go software development services
Optimize your costs, cut the time, get a reliable and experienced team. We can not only develop an application but also consult on your vision and the current state of the project. Looking for an experienced team of Golang developers? Our Go software development services in outsourcing model can boost your business. Contact us!
Estimate project – tell us about it